So Despite the UK Governments promises that the UK will not commit ground troops to the conflict in Northern Iraq and Syria we have sent troops to ‘Train’ Kurdish forces to use heavy machine guns that have been supplied by the UK Government. Once again we are arming rebel factions to fight other rebel factions. Lets not forget that this means we are arming people who until recently were branded ‘Kurdish Separatists’. Separatists who are rebelling against their government (no matter how distasteful that government).
In any other context they would be labelled terrorists in the same way that the Tamil Tigers in Sri Lanka were ‘terrorists’. I am sure there is a name for people who keep repeating the same mistakes time and time again. Why on earth can our government not learn from it’s mistakes? It kills me that an MOD spokesman has stated that the troops sent on this mission are ‘Non Combat Army Trainers’. Get real, they are soldiers deployed to a combat zone.
We should remember that the Kurdish forces are not a part of the Iraqi security forces. Forces we were assured could control and look after their own affairs when western forces withdrew from Iraq in 2009. Yet more madness from western governments who seem to be at a loss on how to clear up the total mess they have created in the region.
Groundhog Day! Madness!
- British Troops withdraw from Afghanistan
- Ottowa – Another tragedy
- Yes it’s true, the United States really is the greatest country in the world – but in what? – Stop the War Coalition
- Unequal Terms – The Daily Post.
- When commenting on WordPress is a bad idea!
- Why we are bombing Iraq & Syria
- The Futility of the war against ISIS
- BBC News – UK troops training Kurdish forces in Iraq, says MoD
- Bombing ISIS isn’t working – Stop the War Coalition
- The Homecoming – A Marines Story